The question you’re probably asking is, “ok Noam. What you’re saying makes a lot of sense, but what do I do?”
I’m glad you asked.
There are three things you can do simultaneously:
This isn’t something you so much understand as it is something that you immerse yourself in and eventually live with. Just keep reading, listening, watching and reinforcing these concepts again and again. You are trying to change the habit of being yourself. Do not ever feel pressure to “finish” a book or an article. As long as it’s still tapping you into your connected state, it’s doing its job and you have more to receive from it. People get way too caught up on “covering ground.” Don’t give me someone who’s read 100 books in a year. Give me someone who read one book and now lives fully with its lessons.
What Should I Do…Practically:
- Read all of the articles in the Intro
- Send me an email or message with any questions you have
- Pick a book to read. I recommend The Power of Now first.
- Sign up for (or do on your own) The Surrender Experiment.
- Begin reading articles that catch your eye
You will see that your practice and your life begin to blend together. It becomes less important to “meditate” for a certain period of time everyday, because your life becomes your meditation. Until that point (and even beyond that point), practice, practice, practice.
Do not go too far or too deep to where you feel lost of resistance. It’s better to have a less-deep meditation and feel proud and peaceful afterwards. It’s better to do less time and get up feeling amazing. It’s better to be less disciplined and look forward to your practice then to hate your practice.
- Build positive momentum with your first thoughts: The first thing you should do when you wake up is to tap into how you want to feel when you wake up. Imagine. You can visualize your perfect surroundings or imagine your perfect day stretched out in front of you. At least for the first few minutes, do not engage with any thoughts or actions that bring tension or stress. Try to focus on something that makes you feel gratitude. Do this until it floods your body. Then just relax and let the wave begin to carry you. Think less.
- No phone for at least 30 minutes
- Next, meditate: Spend between 5 to 15 minutes. You can read this guide on meditating. Between 45 minutes to an hour. It does not have to include the same things everyday. It should be law that you do it.
- When you disconnect, STOP: Whenever you notice that you have gotten out of alignment, stop and observe. The sooner you activate your awareness, the easier it will be to realign. If you don’t stop and instead react (working harder, driving faster, yelling in reaction to the stress or fear), then it will be much more painful and difficult to wake up when you do become aware. Follow these steps:
- Become aware
- Relax your body, relax your shoulders, try to relax the area around your heart
- Take five deep, slow breaths into your belly
- Feel how powerfully magnetic your thoughts are. They will mercilessly try to pull you into them. If you get lost, you’ll snap out of it soon.
- Smile and realize you are doing the most powerful work possible
- Once you feel a bit of relaxation, a bit of relief, you can either:
- Begin to jump to new thoughts that bring more relief, building up positive momentum;
- Imagine yourself turning towards what feels the easiest for you and act from that place
- Don’t act from resistance, it will backfire every time.
- 10 more minutes during the day: I suggest making this an absolute non-negotiable and adding some laws around it. Perhaps, you have to do it before sundown. Here, you should center yourself, breath, and use whatever technique/practice feels good for you. Simply, you are taking 10 minutes to remember what you know to be true. I suggest:
- Practice getting your body and mind into a state of ease and calm (which comes not from trying to do it, but just by bringing your awareness to it)
- Imagine yourself in this moment in time and space. Imagine the significance of it all. You, alive, standing on a planet, spinning through space. You are a miracle. You are ok. You are powerful. Remember what you know to be true:
- You are energy
- Your power and effectiveness is not in what you do but how you feel.
- Everything that you want is coming.
- You can relax and feel good and the more you relax and feel good, the more you will get what you want.
There is so much more to do, but, if you can stick to this, you will make unbelievable progress. I’m excited for you. Please, send me a message and tell me how it’s going.
3. Just be
It is so simple. Trust yourself. This whole process is a return to self, which you know how to do best. If what you are doing makes you feel good, whole, more kind, more compassionate, then keep doing it. Do not think you are sacrificing anything through this practice. Sacrifice is the voice of the ego. Through trust and surrender, you will get all that you want. In fact, it is the only way to get all that you want.
Remember to not overthink it. There is no place to get to. This is a lifelong journey. Yes, the further down it you go the more you will be filled with joy and love. But contrast will always be present.
Just keep walking. Keep smiling. Do not bring the same judgement, the same pressure, the same not-enough into your spiritual practice.
You are enough. Now.