Well that really depends on how aligned you are.
Listen to what Sadhguru says:
Once all these four dimensions of you – your physical body, your mind, your emotion, and the fundamental life energies – are organized in one direction, anything you want happens without you lifting your little finger.
So it depends on how aligned we are. It depends on how much resistance we are putting up. In Judaism, we understand that the amount of effort required for an action is up to you. If that trips you out, welcome to the club.
Sign up for more content like this!
You get to decide how much you do. How much control you have over this is a direct reflection of how much trust you have. This is not an intellectual activity. Your body will tell you if you aren’t trusting. You will know that you’re trusting when you feel calm, connected, inspired, clear, and in love with life.
This is the difference between flow and avoidance. Avoidance feels terrible. Flow feels good.
So if you feel good and powerful working four hours a day, then that’s all you need to be working. The universe will let you know if you need to work more (or rather, you’ll hit a point of inspiration where you will want to work more). Don’t let fear drive you. It only leads to burnout, more fear, and resentment.
The thing is that most people use action to compensate for a lack of alignment. They are trying to act when they have enormous resistance in them. If you are acting from a place of resistance, whatever you are trying to “fix” will probably get worse.
What do you actually need to do?
- Respond to the universe when it arrives.
- If you have an inspiring idea, take a first step. Don’t be too much in a hurry to give people the time of day. Don’t ever be too busy to act on those moments of inspiration.
- Make sure you’re “ready.”
- You can’t force the opportunity to come any sooner than it wants to. But when it does come, will you be filled with courage, confidence, passion, and vision? Or will you be filled with self doubt, resentment, and exhaustion? If you are filled with doubt and fear now, you probably won’t be ready ready when it comes.
- Don’t avoid. But don’t act from a place of restriction.
- If you feel a moment demanding action but you feel intense resistance inside, use one of these techniques.
- If you really need to act, trust me, there will be no resistance, just supernatural clarity and power (i.e. car accident, emergency, etc…)
- Do the inner work.
- That is what is being asked of you. This is where you should direct your effort. This work does not lie to you. If you are doing the work, joy, ease, relief, and clarity will abound.
As you become more aligned, you will have to do less and you will feel better doing less.
Recognize that this path is probably the most difficult and more powerful type of “doing” that you can do. You are literally going against what most of the world does (which is allow their fear and doubt to drive them). But look at them. Is it working? Is this type of doing helping them? All they’re doing is spreading more suffering to themselves, those around them, and the world.
Align and then “do.”