Neville Goddard was a profound mystic in the early 1900s. He was one of the first modern teachers to teach about conscious co-creation (manifestation). I wanted to share with you a brief summary of his teachings + a technique you can use.
His wisdom was far more profound and expansive than what you’ll read below. I highly recommend you pick up some of his books, beginning with: Feeling is the Secret.
The Main Teaching of Neville Goddard
Imagine that you closed your eyes and stopped focusing on your thoughts or your emotions. You even let go of any awareness of your body or the outside world. What would be left? Pure consciousness. You would be left only with an awareness of “I am.” You would simply be aware of “being,” but not aware of any specific aspect of that being-ness. You would no longer be a man, woman, rich, poor, healthy sick – you would just be!
Now Neville taught that whatever you become aware of from that place of pure consciousness begins to manifest into this world! So if you are aware that you are rich, healthy, and wise, then that reality will begin to form around that belief.
How can you practice Neville’s Teachings?
Neville was a master of visualizations. He focused on teaching us how to experience things ahead of time through the power of imagination. By placing ourselves in a future scene which implied the fulfillment of our desire, we use our consciousness awareness to reprogram our subconscious beliefs.
You can experience the power of pure consciousness easily. You can imagine yourself on a beach, sizzling in the sun. You can imagine yourself with the wind in your hair on top of a mountain. You can imagine yourself whistling through the air. When you do this, you are putting your pure consciousness in an experience of it.
We can use this power for our benefit in drawing towards us what we want. First, we, enter into a place of pure consciousness awareness. Many would call this deep meditation. Then, we use our imagination to construct a scene until it is so real, we believe that it has already happened.
Use This Technique to Practice:
I put together these instructions to teach you how you can practice this.
- Lay or sit down comfortably and close your eyes.
- Relax your body and detach from your mind until your thoughts begin to slow down (You can focus on your breath if that’s helpful). Simply remove any energy from your thoughts. Keep going deeper. Don’t worry if this is uncomfortable in the beginning. After a few minutes (and sometimes sooner), a sense of calmness will set in.
- Next, let go of any awareness you have of your body or the room you are in.
- Next, imagine a scene where this visualization can take place (such as a room, or a beach). Allow yourself to imagine this scene so vividly. Imagine smelling the smells. Then imagine touching something. I recommend you find one object in this scene and just focus on it until you feel grounded in the imagery.
- Try less hard than you are trying! With spiritual/meditative work, efforting is actually not helpful.
- Once this scene is very clear, imagine that there is someone with you (a friend or family member). Call out to them.
- Hear them telling you how excited they are they you got what you are seeking.
- Feel your joy and excitement over this fact.
If you want to take this one step further, do this:
- From this imaginative scene, remember back to when you were when you first did this visualization (hint: this is right now). Imagine the room and the setting. But this time, remember it being in the past.
- Smile to yourself as you come to understand that your vision came true.
You can do this with anything. Any situation in which you feel as thought your desire has come true is a good scene to visualize. You can imagine reading an email from someone. You can imagine someone telling you how healthy they are feeling. There is no end to the possible changes you can create in this world through your conscious awareness of what you want to be.
We are all immensely powerful. Those who choose to walk this path will find themselves almost incapable of explaining their success to those around them.
Eventually, you will become so adapt at these visualizations, that they will be so real that you will find yourself enjoying them as if they were real life.
“To seek on the outside for that which you do not feel you are is to seek in vain…denying the evidence of the senses and appropriating the feeling of the wish fulfilled is the way to the realization of your desire.” - Neville Goddard